Lisa Lounsbury, MA, LMFT, ATR-BC
“Art therapy is the hardest work I’ve ever loved.” – Lisa
Lisa Lounsbury, MA, LMFT, ATR-BC
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Board Certified Art Therapist
Lisa Lounsbury has been a professional artist and facilitator of group art projects for more than 20 years. But it was during a self-portrait workshop that she led in 2008 that she first grasped the healing potential of creative self-expression. From that moment she began her own personal transformation, moving from a focus on the external product of art to the healing process of art therapy.
Lisa earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Metropolitan State University in St. Paul, and a dual Master of Arts Degree in Art Therapy and Adlerian Psychotherapy from Adler Graduate School in Minnetonka. She is now a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Board Certified Art Therapist. Lisa created her private practice, Art Lab Rx, LLC., in 2015 and is committed to providing relevant art therapy sessions for a variety of clients, including recovery centers, hospitals, schools and faith-based organizations.
Lisa continues to be a sought-after speaker, an award-winning artist and a community volunteer. She is bilingual (English and Spanish) and is an avid world traveler.
Education Degree Programs
- Adler Graduate School, Minnetonka, MN – M.A. (2014 with Honors)
- Adlerian Counseling and Psychotherapy with an emphasis in Art Therapy
- Metropolitan State University, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN – B.A. (2012 with Honors)
- Healing Through the Arts – Individualized Degree Program combining psychology, fine art, theater, world religions and Christian Theology
- Minneapolis Community & Technical College (MCTC), Minneapolis, MN – A.A. (2011 with Honors)
- Liberal Arts and Spanish language
- International Committee of Adlerian Summer Schools and Institutes (ICASSI) – Netherlands 2013, Indiana 2017 and Germany 2018 – Psychotherapy/Art Therapy course work for Continuing Education
- Mount Mary College, Milwaukee, WI – Community & Social Action Art Therapy Internship in Managua, Nicaragua
- Northwestern College, St. Paul, MN – Christian Theology
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN – Liberal Arts/Fine Arts
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD), Minneapolis, MN – Design
- Minnesota River School of Fine Art, Burnsville, MN – Drawing & Painting
- School of Communication Arts, Minneapolis, MN – Certificate, Graphic Design
- Minnesota Center for Book Arts, Minneapolis, MN – Book Arts
- Colegio Italiano de Guatemala, Guatemala City – Foreign Exchange Student Program
- AATA – American Art Therapy Association
- MARRCH – Minnesota Association of Resources for Recovery and Chemical Health
- MNATA – Minnesota Art Therapy Association
Shannon is a Mental Health Practitioner. She is in training to be an Art Therapist and Clinical Counselor at Adler Graduate School. Shannon has a background in fine art and over 9 years of experience facilitating art groups. She sees herself as a partner in her clients’ wellness and is dedicated to treating others with compassion, kindness, and respect. Shannon has experience working with a diverse range of client populations including families, children, elderly people, individuals from the LGBTQ population, and immigrant communities.
She has also worked with people with Substance Use Disorders and mental health issues. She is devoted to serving others both through her work and volunteerism. In her free time, Shannon is an active participant in the arts and an avid outdoorswoman.
Marisha grew up in St. Paul, Minnesota and studied art and art history at Hamline University. In 1997, she moved to New York City where she studied stone carving and figure drawing at The Art Students League of New York. That is where she found her voice and honed-in on her specific areas of interest. After moving back to Minnesota and starting a family, she received her Master of Arts Degree from Adler Graduate School, studying psychotherapy and art therapy. “I believe that all individuals are creative and expressive,” says Weihe, “it’s a privilege to be able to share my experience and knowledge with my clients.” Building supportive and trusting relationships is key for Weihe, and she is grateful for the opportunity to facilitate art therapy groups with Art Lab Rx. Weihe says, “It’s wonderful to see how art therapy is motivating clients to be their best selves, promoting and encouraging change, growth, and self-awareness.”