We’re glad you’re here! Congratulations on making a brave step in the direction of future transformation. We’ve gathered together a few important things for you to do before your first session along with useful information you’ll want to know.
New Client Forms
Prior to your first session with an Art Therapist at Art Lab Rx, you will need to read and complete a few forms. Please select each of the relevant forms to download, print, and complete. Then scan or photograph the signed documents and save to your laptop or smartphone. You will upload the documents onto a secure, HIPAA compliant site during your first session where your therapist will review the forms with you and answer any questions.
All clients will need to have a signed consent form on file at Art Lab Rx to receive services. A legal guardian is required to sign the consent form for clients under the age of 18. Release of Information is signed before we can discuss any client information with family members or other care providers.
A completed Client Profile will provide your therapist with all of the basic logistical details needed to begin your session.
As a therapy client of a licensed, qualified therapist, you have basic rights and expectations for privacy as provided by the State of Minnesota. We advise you read and save a copy of the HIPAA and Bill of Rights.
What to Know
Questions? Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Art Therapy.
What To Expect
In your first art therapy session with an Art Lab Rx therapist, you will:
- Join meeting using instructions provided by your art therapist.
- Be welcomed by your art therapist and become acquainted.
- Review paperwork and discuss your questions.
- Learn about art therapy through a basic art experience.
- Plan future sessions.
- Make payment by credit/debit card before leaving the session.
How To Prepare
- Find a quiet, private space where you can make art.
- Use a computer, tablet, or phone with wi-fi access. Prop up phone so you can make art.
- Good lighting
- Gather basic art supplies such as paper, markers, and watercolor paints.
- Bring your calendar, credit card and a notepad with pen.
- Login a few minutes early to make sure everything is ready.